Friday, September 17, 2021

Essay: My Name



An American Hero in Japan

    My name is Atticus. My American father named me. My name was named after an American hero “Atticus Finch”, which is the hero of a book “To Kill a Mockingbird”. My father loves the book and the film, and he wanted me to be a kind person like Atticus Finch, so that is the reason my name is Atticus.

    When I was a child, I didn’t like my name, because most names that Japanese people have are not exotic like mine. Being foreign name in Japan is a little weird. In school or other places, I was the only one person that have an exotic name. I felt I was different from the other people.

    But as I grew up, I began to prefer my name. The name sounds so cool and so unique. And the origin is cool too. To Kill a Mockingbird is a great book, and Atticus Finch is such a great person, so I’m proud of being named after him. I want to thank my father for naming me Atticus, because now I love it.

    By the way, I have not read the book or watched the film yet. Someday I will watch both of them.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Atticus,
    After I read "An American Hero in Japan ", I remembered your name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! You are actually the Hero of your family

    ReplyDelete

  Bahman Razani ESL 100 October 9, 2021 Finding Hope in a Tragedy      Iran  was the best and the most advanced country in the Middle East u...